Regarding the Coronavirus and Virtual Programming
important information for you to know
Please note that we all of our services and events have transitioned online during the pandemic. We will continue to update you on our website and our facebook page as we move through this uncertain time. Our community is here to support you and your family, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Dear Shaarie Torah Kehillah,
Administrative staff is working from home for all but essential tasks. Certain hands-on duties must be accomplished, including mail intake, making deposits and paying bills. A few hours per week are set aside for these to take place in the office, while maintaining proper distancing. All other work will be managed virtually. Limited facilities staff is maintaining vital building systems.
To read more information about why we have closed our building to the public and other measures, please click here.
We hope you’ll join us for our virtual programming during the week and our zoom Shabbat Services every Saturday. Please use the links below to find out more about these programs and events or check out our calendar.
Click on the links below to check out information on virtual events and services.
If you would like to download prayerbooks so you can participate in any of our services, the Rabbinical Assembly is generously providing the PDF’s of them. We ask that you please honor their requests of not distributing them, that you only print up to three copies for personal use, and that they are only used during this unique time.
Click here to go to the download page.
The books you will want to get are:
- Siddur Sim Shalom Shacharit Weekdays
- Siddur Lev Shalom Shabbat Morning
- Lev Shalem (For Saturday Morning & Passover Services)
Updates & Concerns
We will be continuing to update you as new information becomes available. Facebook and email are the best method for quick information. We will do our best to update our website, so please check this page for new information. If you are not on our weekly email list, and would like to be, click here.
If you have any concerns or need our assistance, please reach out to Jemi, our Executive Director at, email@example.com or try our office at (503) 226-613`1. We will do our best to continue answering the office phones.
- All morning minyanim are held on Sunday, Monday, and Thursdays at 8:00 am, all services are virtual and the link can be found here.
- All Religious School and Wednesday Night School classes are being held virtually; find more information about our education program here.
- Virtual Torah Study is held every Friday at 12 pm along with several other Adult Education programs. Check here for the full schedule and links.
- Saturday Morning services are held every Saturday at 9:30 am on Zoom and streaming on our website as well as on facebook live; the link can be found here.
- Board and other committee meetings are currently being held on zoom. If you are interested in being updated with information about these meetings and more, please sign up for our weekly email newsletter, here.
- We have expanded our Chesed offerings and are reaching out to members through phone calls, to offer support during this uncertain time. If you are interested in being a part of the Chesed volunteer team, please reach out to Jemi, here.
Now it is more important than ever that we stay connected. Members of the kehillah are making calls, checking in on each other, offering to help as needed. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. Rabbi Rose is available for pastoral care and conversations: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jemi, our Executive Director at, email@example.com.
We deeply appreciate any support you can give in this time. To donate to our operations, please click here. To make a tribute donation, in honor or in memory of a loved one, click here.
Our office is currently closed to visitors. Questions? Give us a call or send us an email. We currently have limited office hours but leave us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.