Regarding the Coronavirus and Virtual Programming
important information for you to know
Please note that all in-person classes, events and services at the synagogue are cancelled until further notice. Read below about virtual learning and davening options while we wait for this time of uncertainty to end.
To read more information about why we have closed our building to the public and other measures, please click here.
We will continue to keep you updated on our virtual programming as we develop more options. Please check our facebook for zoom links to Torah Study and Minyan.
Click on the links below to check out information on virtual events and services.
If you would like to download prayerbooks so you can participate in any of our services, the Rabbinical Assembly is generously providing the PDF’s of them. We ask that you please honor their requests of not distributing them, that you only print up to three copies for personal use, and that they are only used during this unique time.
Click here to go to the download page.
The books you will want to get are:
- Siddur Sim Shalom Shacharit Weekdays
- Siddur Lev Shalom Shabbat Morning
- Lev Shalem (For Saturday Morning & Passover Services)
Updates & Concerns
We will be continuing to update you as new information becomes available. Facebook and email are the best method for quick information. We will do our best to update our website, so please check this page for new information. If you are not on our weekly email list, and would like to be, click here.
If you have any concerns or need our assistance, please reach out to Jemi, our Executive Director at, firstname.lastname@example.org or try our office at (503) 226-613`1. We will do our best to continue answering the office phones.
- All morning minyanim are currently cancelled. Virtual minyan session will be held on Zoom starting this Monday, March 23.
- All Religious School and Wednesday Night School classes are cancelled. Please check back for virtual classes coming soon.
- Virtual Torah Study will be held on Zoom. Schedule coming soon. All other Adult Education Classes are currently cancelled.
- Saturday Morning and Friday Night Shabbat Services are cancelled. We are working on ways to stream these services. Please check back for more information.
- All other programming including Passover Seder, Tot Shabbat & Torah Yoga (for March and April), Men’s Club Poker Tournament, etc. are cancelled.
- Please check with a chairperson to see if virtual meetings are happening. Otherwise all committee meetings are currently suspended.
- We have expanded our Chesed offerings and are reaching out to members through phone calls, to offer support during this uncertain time.
Now it is more important than ever that we stay connected. Members of the kehillah are making calls, checking in on each other, offering to help as needed. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. Rabbi Rose is available for pastoral care and conversations: email@example.com or contact Jemi, our Executive Director at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We deeply appreciate any support you can give in this time. To donate to our operations, please click here. To make a tribute donation, in honor or in memory of a loved one, click here.
never miss a thing
follow us online
Check out what's been happening at Shaarie Torah lately.