COVID Protocols and Updates
important information for you to know
If you have any questions, please reach out to our office by emailing email@example.com. We will continue to update you on our website and our facebook page as fast as we can. Our community is here to support you and your family, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
CST’s COVID protocols (effective 3/12/2022)
As most of us know, Oregon’s state-wide indoor mask mandate will be officially lifted at the end of this week. However, businesses and private organizations may continue to require specific protocols, depending on their unique circumstances, and Shaarie Torah is no exception.
Weekday masking in shared public areas: required
Shabbat/gathering masking: optional for the fully vaccinated, required for high-risk individuals**
As was the case in June 2021, when the first mask mandate was rolled back, masking will become optional at Shabbat services or other gatherings for the fully vaccinated and boosted. People who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks and maintain physical distancing when inside the building. Many who are vaccinated may still choose to remain masked and distanced, and that’s OK too. Not everybody is ready to hug again quite yet. We are operating on the honor system and trust that everyone coming into the building will respect others’ choices.
- At high risk of COVID-19 hospitalizations, including those with underlying health conditions and those 65 and older
- Living with people at high risk
Programming (in person & virtual)
We hope you’ll join us for our programming during the week and our Shabbat Services every Saturday. Please use the links below to find out more about these programs and events or check out our calendar.
Click on the buttons below to check out information on events and services.
If you would like to download prayerbooks so you can participate in any of our services, the Rabbinical Assembly is generously providing the PDF’s of them. We ask that you please honor their requests of not distributing them, that you only print up to three copies for personal use, and that they are only used during this unique time.
Click here to go to the download page.
The books you will want to get are:
- Siddur Sim Shalom Shacharit Weekdays
- Siddur Lev Shalom Shabbat Morning
- Lev Shalem (For Saturday Morning & Passover Services)
- All morning minyanim are held on Sunday, Monday, and Thursdays at 8:00 am, all services are virtual and the link can be found here.
- We offer Friday Torah Class and other learning events. For up to date information regarding these events, please check out our events calendar.
- All Religious School is hybrid with both in person and virtual offerings; find more information about our education program here.
- Saturday Morning services are in person and online, streaming on our website as well as on facebook live; sign up for Services in person or watch streaming, here.
- Board and other committee meetings are currently being held on zoom. If you are interested in being updated with information about these meetings and more, please sign up for our weekly email newsletter, here.
- We have expanded our Chesed offerings and are reaching out to members through phone calls, to offer support during this uncertain time. If you are interested in being a part of the Chesed volunteer team, please reach out to Jemi, here.
Now it is more important than ever that we stay connected. Members of the kehillah are making calls, checking in on each other, offering to help as needed. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Rabbi Oren is available for pastoral care and conversations:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jemi, our Executive Director at, email@example.com
Office hours: 10am – 2pm on Mon, Wed, & Thurs by appointment only at this time.
You can always call us and leave a message or send general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org