COVID Protocols and Updates
important information for you to know
Due to the evolving nature of the pandemic, everything feels like it can change at any moment. Below are our current COVID procedures and protocols. If you have any questions, please reach out to our office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to update you on our website and our facebook page as fast as we can. Our community is here to support you and your family, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- ENTERING OUR BUILDING: Our offices are open 10 am – 2 pm M, W, Th and by appointment. Masks are required in our building at all times. All those eligible must be vaccinated to enter our building. If you are interested in a gift shop item, please call the office.
- SHABBAT & HOLIDAY SERVICES: We are offering limited-capacity in person services on Shabbat and festival holidays as well as online livestream (and/or zoom options where applicable). To sign up to attend in person services, click here. Please note that Morning Minyan is still being held online.
- HIGH HOLY DAYS AT CST: All in person registrations, COVID protocols, and schedule for our High Holy Days can be found at shaarietorah.org/hhd.
IN PERSON SERVICES
- In person services such as Shabbat or Holidays will involve services only; no Kiddush luncheons for the time being.
- Services will start at 9:15 a.m. The entrance doors will open at 9:00 a.m. Please avoid clustering in common areasl
- There is plenty of room to spread out in the sanctuary. You can sit where you are comfortable. Certain rows will be blocked to remind people that distancing is still recommended.
- The service will be slightly shorter that in pre-COVID times and may look a little different than we all remember.
- It will also be livestreamed via the CST website and Facebook page for those who aren’t ready to attend in person.
- We asked that attendees exit the shul promptly following the conclusion of the service – no lingering inside.
- We have hand sanitizer at strategic locations throughout the building.
- Restrooms will be cleaned regularly throughout the morning.
- Please no wandering or gathering.
MASKING AND DISTANCING
- All those entering the building must be fully vaccinated if eligible and wear a mask at all times. We are recommending (but not requiring) double masking or the use of N-95 masks.
ATTENDING WITH CHILDREN
At services where children are welcome, such as Shabbat services, and since the vaccine is not available for children under the age of 12, we must ask families attending services with children to remain masked and distanced at all times. There is ample space in the sanctuary to sit apart from others. Children and teens under 12 years old may not leave the sanctuary without a parent or be unaccompanied elsewhere in the building. This is for both health and security reasons.
Ready to sign up? We can’t wait to see you.
Visit our services page here for links to sign up.
Programming (in person & virtual)
We hope you’ll join us for our programming during the week and our Shabbat Services every Saturday. Please use the links below to find out more about these programs and events or check out our calendar.
Click on the buttons below to check out information on virtual events and services.
If you would like to download prayerbooks so you can participate in any of our services, the Rabbinical Assembly is generously providing the PDF’s of them. We ask that you please honor their requests of not distributing them, that you only print up to three copies for personal use, and that they are only used during this unique time.
Click here to go to the download page.
The books you will want to get are:
- Siddur Sim Shalom Shacharit Weekdays
- Siddur Lev Shalom Shabbat Morning
- Lev Shalem (For Saturday Morning & Passover Services)
Updates & Concerns
We will be continuing to update you as new information becomes available. Facebook and email are the best methods for quick information. We will do our best to update our website, so please check this page for new information. If you are not on our weekly email list, and would like to be, click here.
If you have any concerns or need our assistance, please reach out to Jemi, our Executive Director at, email@example.com or try our office at (503) 226-6131. We will do our best to continue answering the office phones.
- All morning minyanim are held on Sunday, Monday, and Thursdays at 8:00 am, all services are virtual and the link can be found here.
- We offer Friday Torah Class and other learning events. For up to date information regarding these events, please check out our events calendar.
- All Religious School is hybrid with both in person and virtual offerings; find more information about our education program here.
- Saturday Morning services are in person and online, streaming on our website as well as on facebook live; sign up for Services in person or watch streaming, here.
- Board and other committee meetings are currently being held on zoom. If you are interested in being updated with information about these meetings and more, please sign up for our weekly email newsletter, here.
- We have expanded our Chesed offerings and are reaching out to members through phone calls, to offer support during this uncertain time. If you are interested in being a part of the Chesed volunteer team, please reach out to Jemi, here.
Now it is more important than ever that we stay connected. Members of the kehillah are making calls, checking in on each other, offering to help as needed. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Office hours: 10am – 2pm on Mon, Wed, & Thurs by appointment only at this time.
You can always call us and leave a message or send general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org