Shaarie Torah is an inclusive, multi-generational Conservative synagogue, nestled in the heart of Northwest Portland. This warm and welcoming Jewish community has been around since 1905, and looks to the future by balancing contemporary and traditional Judaism. We strive to ensure that every voice is heard and that every member is counted. At Shaarie Torah, we offer extensive programming and activities that work to foster Jewish values of social justice through: Torah/Learning, Avodah/Service and Chesed/Loving Kindness.
Our home is always open to the Jewish community, and we welcome you to come and join us for one of our many events. Located in the heart of Northwest Portland, our synagogue is within walking distance of 23rd Ave, the Pearl District, and some of Portland’s most popular stores and restaurants.
Shaarie Torah is a member of the Conservative movement, welcoming Jews from across the religious spectrum. As an inclusive, family-oriented synagogue, Shaarie Torah is a great place to grow and learn. We offer a comprehensive Religious School curriculum for all ages, and our social events calendar has something for singles and families at every stage of life. We look forward to having you join us, and welcome you to call our office at 503.226.6131 to set-up a time to meet with Rabbi Rose.
Values of Shaarie Torah
- To worship in accordance with traditional and contemporary Judaism
- To celebrate Jewish events, holidays and life cycle traditions as a community
- To foster our Jewish community, history, culture, and Torah
- To apply Jewish ethics to national affairs in the US and Israel
- A center of Jewish community, values and learning
- An institution for the enrichment of Jewish life
- A place of spiritual reflection and social action
READ HERE ABOUT OUR